testing header
Math Goodies is a free math help portal for students, teachers, and parents.
Free Math
Newsletter

Interactive Math Goodies Software

Buy Math Goodies Software
testing left nav
Math Forums @ Math Goodies
Math Forums @ Math Goodies
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
Username:
Password:
Save Password
Forgot your Password?

All Forums
 Homework Help Forums
 Probability and Statistics
 Average Profits
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Author Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  

sp00ky
Average Member

Canada
7 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  14:31:33  Show Profile
Hello,
This question has been really confusing me and I was wondering if someone can help me out. The question is as follows:

A large corporation has five plants which manufacture tires. It wants to look at overall average profits and use this to create an incentive scheme for managers. What measure of overall average profits should be used and why.

Profits $7400 14400 12300 6200 3100
Employees 123 402 256 109 67

I am not sure if I am suppose to find the average profit by adding all the profit up and dividing it by the total employees or by 5 (the amount of plants involved). And I believe when I do find the average, I just use the values of each of the plant's profit minus the average and the plant with the highest value is making the most profit. That how I would do it but not sure if it is right.

If someone can help me out on this question, it would be much appreciated. =)
Go to Top of Page

Subhotosh Khan
Advanced Member

USA
9117 Posts

Posted - 10/06/2007 :  15:35:30  Show Profile
quote:
Originally posted by sp00ky

Hello,
This question has been really confusing me and I was wondering if someone can help me out. The question is as follows:

A large corporation has five plants which manufacture tires. It wants to look at overall average profits and use this to create an incentive scheme for managers. What measure of overall average profits should be used and why.

Profits	       $7400	14400	12300	6200	3100
Employees	123	402	256	109	67

I am not sure if I am suppose to find the average profit by adding all the profit up and dividing it by the total employees or by 5 (the amount of plants involved). And I believe when I do find the average, I just use the values of each of the plant's profit minus the average and the plant with the highest value is making the most profit. That how I would do it but not sure if it is right.

If someone can help me out on this question, it would be much appreciated. =)

Profit/employee would be good measure.
Go to Top of Page
  Previous Topic Topic Next Topic  
 New Topic  Topic Locked
 Printer Friendly
Jump To:
Math Forums @ Math Goodies © 2000-2004 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.12 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
testing footer
About Us | Contact Us | Advertise with Us | Facebook | Blog | Recommend This Page

Copyright © 1998-2014 Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies. All Rights Reserved.

A Hotchalk/Glam Partner Site - Last Modified 21 May 2014