testing header
Math Goodies is a free math help portal for students, teachers, and parents.
Free Math
Interactive Math Goodies Software

Buy Math Goodies Software
testing left nav
Math Forums @ Math Goodies
Math Forums @ Math Goodies
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Homework Help Forums
 Miscellaneous Math Topics
 mixed number multipulcation

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Special Characters Insert Smilie
* Forum Code is ON

Math Symbols
Squared [squared] Cubed [cubed] Square Root [sqrt] Cube Root [cbrt] Pi [pi]
Alpha [alpha] Beta [beta] Gamma [gamma] Theta [theta] Angle [angle]
Degrees [degrees] Times [times] Divide [divide] Less Than or Equal To [less-than] Greater Than or Equal To [greater-than]
Plus Minus [plus-minus] Integral [integral] Sum [sum] Sub 1 [sub-1] Sub 2 [sub-2]
Element Of [element-of] Union [union] Intersect [intersect] Subset [subset] Empty Set [empty-set]

  Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
GORCSTAR33 Posted - 12/21/2010 : 11:01:18
Multiply. Write your answer as a mixed number in simplest form.
2 3/84/7

5   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
GORCSTAR33 Posted - 01/06/2011 : 13:29:20
Ultraglide Posted - 01/06/2011 : 10:45:41
You do not cross-multiply when finding the product of fractions. As I said in the response to another of your questions, do a search on the internet. I am sure you will find out how to multiply fractions.
GORCSTAR33 Posted - 01/06/2011 : 09:44:13
GORCSTAR33 Posted - 12/22/2010 : 08:31:09
I get stuck when i am about to simplify because it to a whole number and not the mixed number i'm looking foor. understand
anonmeans Posted - 12/22/2010 : 07:22:00
Originally posted by GORCSTAR33

Multiply. Write your answer as a mixed number in simplest form.
2 3/84/7

Convert "two and three-eighths" to its equivalent improper-fraction form.

Multiply the fractions.

Simplify the result, if possible.

Convert back to mixed-number form.

If you get stuck, please reply showing what you have tried, so we can "see" where you are getting stuck. Thank you.

Math Forums @ Math Goodies © 2000-2004 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.13 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
testing footer
About Us | Contact Us | Advertise with Us | Facebook | Blog | Recommend This Page

Copyright © 1998-2014 Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies. All Rights Reserved.

A Hotchalk/Glam Partner Site - Last Modified 18 Dec 2014