testing header
Math Goodies is a free math help portal for students, teachers, and parents.
Free Math
Newsletter

Interactive Math Goodies Software

Buy Math Goodies Software
testing left nav
Math Forums @ Math Goodies
Math Forums @ Math Goodies
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Educator Forum
 Teacher Talk
 topic ID=33516

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Special Characters Insert Smilie

* Forum Code is ON

Math Symbols
Squared [squared] Cubed [cubed] Square Root [sqrt] Cube Root [cbrt] Pi [pi]
Alpha [alpha] Beta [beta] Gamma [gamma] Theta [theta] Angle [angle]
Degrees [degrees] Times [times] Divide [divide] Less Than or Equal To [less-than] Greater Than or Equal To [greater-than]
Plus Minus [plus-minus] Integral [integral] Sum [sum] Sub 1 [sub-1] Sub 2 [sub-2]
Element Of [element-of] Union [union] Intersect [intersect] Subset [subset] Empty Set [empty-set]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
the_hill1962 Posted - 08/12/2008 : 14:14:58
Would the answer to
http://www.mathgoodies.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=33516
be that "the machine never reaches 1 o'clock and runs 'forever' "?
I am thinking that even though the limit of 30+15+7.5+...=60, the actual value never reaches 60.
I didn't see any reply to the topic so it must be more difficult to answer than what I think it is.
I look forward to seeing a reply to
3   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
the_hill1962 Posted - 08/19/2008 : 15:51:48
Since you yelled out "WHY", I suppose that I need to state why I did it.
First, let me respond to your post "You are free to post a new question...and you know how to do that....so WHY would you just completely change the question you asked originally???"
No, I don't feel free to do that. Ever since an administrator here kicked me off for "being too negative" and stating that this board costs a lot of money to run (mentioning that bandwidth/storage is not free), I have not felt "free to post a new question".
Now, I truly was going to write a note about the change of subject (like I did with
http://www.mathgoodies.com/forums/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=29737 )
but since you qouted my original message, I thought that users would see that it was a response to what you qouted. Typing out that little note would also have used bandwidth and server storage space (which was pointed out to me and made very clear as to the reason that I was banned the first time). You were the only one that responded (and had the original topic qouted so there was no need to put such a note).
So, I just simply changed the subject because it appeared that I could not delete the topic that I created (the topic of not seeing any new posts for a couple of weeks...). The topic did not need to be here anymore and needed deleting to save the precious space.
I do sincerely apologize. I wanted to delete the topic but it seems that if the owner of the topic is not an administrator, he/she can not delete the topic. It is amazing that the subject title can be changed by the owner but he/she does not have the power to delete it.
Mrspi Posted - 08/15/2008 : 20:46:28
quote:
Originally posted by the_hill1962

Would the answer to
be that "the machine never reaches 1 o'clock and runs 'forever' "?
I am thinking that even though the limit of 30+15+7.5+...=60, the actual value never reaches 60.
I didn't see any reply to the topic so it must be more difficult to answer than what I think it is.
I look forward to seeing a reply to

Ok...you CHANGED your original question (post) and it's now gone...so my response to your original question looks totally irrelevant.

You are free to post a new question...and you know how to do that....so WHY would you just completely change the question you asked originally???

This, I guess, is just an "oh well" comment.
Mrspi Posted - 08/12/2008 : 22:25:09
quote:
Originally posted by the_hill1962

I haven't seen any new posts on this site for several days. Is it just because it is during summer break?

Probably...summer school is over, and school hasn't started in most places. I'd hope to see things pick up soon.

I also think that there are MANY more "help sites" around these days...split a finite number of students into an ever-increasing number of help sites, and the number at any particular site is likely to go down.

Math Forums @ Math Goodies © 2000-2004 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 1.33 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
testing footer
About Us | Contact Us | Advertise with Us | Facebook | Blog | Recommend This Page

Copyright © 1998-2014 Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies. All Rights Reserved.

A Hotchalk/Glam Partner Site - Last Modified 21 May 2014