testing header
Math Goodies is a free math help portal for students, teachers, and parents.
Free Math
Newsletter

Interactive Math Goodies Software

Buy Math Goodies Software
testing left nav
Math Forums @ Math Goodies
Math Forums @ Math Goodies
Home | Profile | Register | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Educator Forum
 Teacher Talk
 Math Anxiety/Math Homework

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.
To register, click here. Registration is FREE!

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Special Characters Insert Smilie

* Forum Code is ON

Math Symbols
Squared [squared] Cubed [cubed] Square Root [sqrt] Cube Root [cbrt] Pi [pi]
Alpha [alpha] Beta [beta] Gamma [gamma] Theta [theta] Angle [angle]
Degrees [degrees] Times [times] Divide [divide] Less Than or Equal To [less-than] Greater Than or Equal To [greater-than]
Plus Minus [plus-minus] Integral [integral] Sum [sum] Sub 1 [sub-1] Sub 2 [sub-2]
Element Of [element-of] Union [union] Intersect [intersect] Subset [subset] Empty Set [empty-set]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
anne Sterling Posted - 05/28/2009 : 13:37:02
I need your help. k - 3 Math educators please tell me which math/arithmetic topics your students struggle with the most.

I am currently setting up a math anxiety website and parent coaching education programs to address math anxiety and lack of preparation to forge ahead onto new math topics. I have seen many well-meaning parents "helping" their children with their math home work by reading the homework instructions to them in a VERY LOUD VOICE over and over, instead of engaging their child's dominant modality or learning style to assist in comprehending and remembering the information sent home from school. To do this I am asking teachers of K - 3 math/arithmetic to tell me where their students fail most frequently with math/arithmetic concepts? What topics do they seem not to get? Where could they use coaching? I will set up parent education programs to give parents other modalities to gain mastery of these math topics. Then I will move up the curriculum from there. Right now I need to uncover teaching forums where I can ask K - 3 teachers this question. Any suggestions on other online sites where EL school teachers/ EL math supervisors gather to talk online or via list serves? Any replies to this forum or my email address leafpeeper98 at yahoo.com will be greatly appreciated.
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
the_hill1962 Posted - 05/28/2009 : 16:45:24
I am not a K-3 teacher (I teach 9-12 math) but I offer the following to you:
Try looking at the various state education websites and see if it lists any type of testing results page.
Here in Texas, they list the results by objective.
For example, 3rd grade math has 6 main objectives and the results statewide are at the bottom (4th page of 4) on the PDF file:
http://ritter.tea.state.tx.us/student.assessment/reporting/results/summary/sum06/taks/gr3_apr06.pdf
You may be looking for the various tasks tested within each objective. I can not help you there.
Good luck.

Math Forums @ Math Goodies © 2000-2004 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.04 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
testing footer
About Us | Contact Us | Advertise with Us | Facebook | Blog | Recommend This Page

Copyright © 1998-2014 Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies. All Rights Reserved.

A Hotchalk/Glam Partner Site - Last Modified 21 May 2014