testing header
Math Goodies is a free math help portal for students, teachers, and parents.
Free Math
Newsletter

Interactive Math Goodies Software

Buy Math Goodies Software
testing left nav
Math Forums @ Math Goodies
Math Forums @ Math Goodies
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Homework Help Forums
 Probability and Statistics
 90% Level of Confidence

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Special Characters Insert Smilie

* Forum Code is ON

Math Symbols
Squared [squared] Cubed [cubed] Square Root [sqrt] Cube Root [cbrt] Pi [pi]
Alpha [alpha] Beta [beta] Gamma [gamma] Theta [theta] Angle [angle]
Degrees [degrees] Times [times] Divide [divide] Less Than or Equal To [less-than] Greater Than or Equal To [greater-than]
Plus Minus [plus-minus] Integral [integral] Sum [sum] Sub 1 [sub-1] Sub 2 [sub-2]
Element Of [element-of] Union [union] Intersect [intersect] Subset [subset] Empty Set [empty-set]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
Sannel66@embarqmail.com Posted - 09/10/2013 : 23:09:31
The problem is:
The Program Office budgets $30,000 per program review at the contractor's site. Your concern for "end of year" spending drills is that you have budgeted enough for the reviews (i.e. you are only concerned if the actual costs are higher than the $30,000 target). A sample of 16 trips yielded a mean of $32,500 and a standard deviation of $3,500. Test the budgeted amount at the 90% level of confidence. Select the correct answer out of each pair of choices. The choices are:
1. The tp is 1.341 or the tp is 1.337
2. The tc is 11,429 or the tc is 2.857
3. We would reject the null hypothesis or We would fail to reject the null hypothesis.
4. We would conclude that it is reasonable to use the $30,000 budget figure or We would recommend revising the budget figure.
Thanks for any and all assistance
1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
royhaas Posted - 09/11/2013 : 08:06:47
This is a standard textbook problem. Start by stating your assumptions about the data.

Math Forums @ Math Goodies © 2000-2004 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
testing footer
About Us | Contact Us | Advertise with Us | Facebook | Blog | Recommend This Page

Copyright © 1998-2014 Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies. All Rights Reserved.

A Hotchalk/Glam Partner Site - Last Modified 18 Dec 2014