testing header
Math Goodies is a free math help portal for students, teachers, and parents.
Free Math
Newsletter

Interactive Math Goodies Software

Buy Math Goodies Software
testing left nav
Math Forums @ Math Goodies
Math Forums @ Math Goodies
Home | Profile | Active Topics | Members | Search | FAQ
 All Forums
 Educator Forum
 Teacher Talk
 EQUITY

Note: You must be registered in order to post a reply.

Screensize:
UserName:
Password:
Format Mode:
Format: BoldItalicizedUnderlineStrikethrough Align LeftCenteredAlign Right Horizontal Rule Insert HyperlinkInsert EmailInsert Image Insert CodeInsert QuoteInsert List Insert Special Characters Insert Smilie

* Forum Code is ON

Math Symbols
Squared [squared] Cubed [cubed] Square Root [sqrt] Cube Root [cbrt] Pi [pi]
Alpha [alpha] Beta [beta] Gamma [gamma] Theta [theta] Angle [angle]
Degrees [degrees] Times [times] Divide [divide] Less Than or Equal To [less-than] Greater Than or Equal To [greater-than]
Plus Minus [plus-minus] Integral [integral] Sum [sum] Sub 1 [sub-1] Sub 2 [sub-2]
Element Of [element-of] Union [union] Intersect [intersect] Subset [subset] Empty Set [empty-set]

Check here to subscribe to this topic.

T O P I C    R E V I E W
warrenmendoza Posted - 10/14/2009 : 10:46:23
It is necessary that teachers know how to exercise equity inside classroom.

For the students, learning becomes more meaningful if there is equity in our assessment practices. Since equity respects individual learning styles and student direction, students' performance increases.

To increase the level of students' performances is to avoid discrimination and biases in the assessment practices. If the students would see that they would be evaluated fairly regardless of their different learning styles, they would give much effort in demonstrating their acquired knowledge and skills. Thus, the criteria in the rubrics must cater to all the differences of the learners. It is necessary that all the learners are given equal opportunity to demonstrate their understanding so that meaningful learning can be attained.

Warren I. Mendoza
Bachelor of Secondary Education Student
Major in Mathematics
University of Santo Tomas, Philippines
warush_zamendo@yahoo.com.ph

1   L A T E S T    R E P L I E S    (Newest First)
royhaas Posted - 10/14/2009 : 18:26:29
It's a good idea theoretically, but one difficult to achieve practically. From a purely statistical point of view, there will always be someone you can't reach, and the bigger the class, the more likely the outcome.

Math Forums @ Math Goodies © 2000-2004 Snitz Communications Go To Top Of Page
This page was generated in 0.03 seconds. Snitz Forums 2000
testing footer
About Us | Contact Us | Advertise with Us | Facebook | Blog | Recommend This Page

Copyright © 1998-2014 Mrs. Glosser's Math Goodies. All Rights Reserved.

A Hotchalk/Glam Partner Site - Last Modified 26 Nov 2014